"The total size of a static array cannot exceed 16Mb."

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 19:09:35 PDT 2007

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:fduing$trk$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> So - please, Just Fix That Linker ;)
>
> Easier said than done :-(

Then Make That Backend Generate Some Other Format Besides OMF (Like ELF, Oh
Wait Doesn't DMD On Linux Already Do That?), or something, _anything_, since
this whole OPTLINK thing is having one suboptimal consequence after another.
I think it's time to let the poor thing die.

Yes, I am _actually_ advocating the development of a different backend, or
linker, or object format etc. over the release of D2.0.  Yes, I am actually
more interested in that.