Need encouraging...

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 07:51:51 PDT 2007

"Janice Caron" wrote
> On 10/5/07, Janice Caron <caron800 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/5/07, James Dennett <jdennett at acm.org> wrote:
>
> Whoops! Too much cutting and pasting. My apologies. Of course it was
> actually Arlen Albert Keshabyan who said:
>
>> C++ can *mimic* interfaces with
>> abstract classes that have no implementation,
>
> Again, apologies for misattribution.

Actually, it was me :)

My personal experience with multiple inheritance is that it sucks.  Any
library I've dealt with that uses multiple inheritance in C++ is a library
that I have stopped using.  My experience with interfaces is that they are
much easier to understand and implement.  My opinion is that C++'s multiple
inheritance is far inferior to the interface concept.  These are my
opinions, take it or leave it.

I'm tired of this argument and shan't be posting to this thread again.

-Steve