what's the difference between D 1.xx and 2.xx?

mwarning no at spam.no
Sat Oct 6 22:43:19 PDT 2007

Michael Gnail Wrote:

> I heard some guys of you talk about D 1.xxx and 2.xxx, What's the
> difference between them?
D 2.xxx does have a new const concept and is considered beta.
It also get new features. But things may also change.
D 1.xxx does only get bugfixes. So it can be used for more serious programming.

> It seems I could only download DMD 1.015 from *DigitalMars*.
> Where can I find DMD 2.xxx?

http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.022.zip
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.005.zip

All files are accessible when you go to the changelog page
and click on the version name on each version.
There are also two changelogs, one for D 1.0
and one for the D 2.0 branch.