import package.*

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed Oct 10 04:06:38 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:08:55 +0200
> Yaga-Shura <Yaga-Shura at yashu.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm working for some days now with DMD 2. My question is: is there
>> any way to include all modules that are in one package? e.g.:
>
> I think this question has been raised /so/ often, that you should find
> something in both, d.D.learn and d.D, newsgroups about it.

It's not exactly obvious what to search for.  "D programming import .*"
doesn't quite work.

> Short answer: package/all.d publically importing all modules you want.

Or my favorite that no one else seems to like: "package/api.d", publicly
importing the modules that are part of the standard API of your package.

As for the reasons why D doesn't have it -- in most of the languages
where it exists (python and java to my knowledge), its use is
discouraged.  Why add a feature just to recommend not using it?

--bb