Key issue for PhanTango?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 00:56:02 PDT 2007

Kris wrote:
> I'm going to push this up for comment since I suspect it is a key factor:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=60063
>
> Opinions?  Is this what matters to people?

Yes it matters, for this is one key benefit of a *standard* library.
However for me, it is not the main problem. Worse is that, for example,
one cannot compile Tango programs with phobos libraries. Rather than an
all or nothing approach, I would prefer this to change, which is much
less problematic to solve too.

In C++ there are far worse situations, like not being able to use STL
containers with wxWidgets. I dont't think it'll be so bad here, and
Tango is a reasonable dependency to have if it were compatible with the
phobos runtime.