Mainstream D Programming

Richard Geary tristram at dial.pipex.com
Sun Oct 14 02:53:22 PDT 2007

Greetings!

I've just discovered the D programming language, and I'm fascinated by it. It has captured the essence of what I believed was wrong with the C / C++ language evolution, and formed a practically-driven language from the best bits. Thanks for saving me the job!

But in reality, there is no mainstream support yet for D. Whilst the D compiler will continute to improve, it will be years before it's declared "bug free" enough to be used by business, and games developers won't be able to D compilers for Xbox360/PS3/Wii.

To solve this, is there a D to C++ converter? Something to parse D code, output it in C++ and build it with existing C++ tools? Whilst this is messy, it would provide the functionality of D to environments which are unable to use the D compiler.