Mainstream D Programming

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 14 10:19:50 PDT 2007

Bruce Adams schrieb:
> Ary Manzana Wrote:
>
>> Raynor escribió:

>>> Yes but without a good code autocompletion, a full debugger support and
>>> a easy install, no company will look at D.
>>>
>>> But as i can see with Mhrmrmrm (not sur about the spelling :) ) it can
>>> become a reality soon.
>> lol, that name will become official: "Mhrmrmrm (not sur about the spelling)"
>

> I don't know why some people get so hung about about IDEs. Added value yes but essential no. I've had (the misfortune) work in companies where they still use C++ compilers that run under DOS for some applications along side monsters in C#. There's no excuse for it but a lot of places are like that. Slow to change and haphazard in what they adopt and when. Its the availability of skills and the benefits of one language over another that seem to be the biggest drivers.

That is simply said : stone age. Maybe you call it old school/ old
fashioned.
IMO : Developing this way is nowadays where software becomes more and
more complex) not good enough.

Status Quo:
So called modern IDE's are allready yesterdays technologie. For sure
they are not made to handle modern projects.

A D IDE

I, for example, would like to speak with my IDE (voice recognation, and
text to speach)
I expect rule based suggestions from my IDE. (AI) / programming/
datavase/ gui ...

I expect an itelligent Enterprise framework (lib) managed from my IDE.
Let me call it managed Buisiness Objects

I expect *realtime* developer collaboration support from my IDE

I expect a code editor which is able to show me, respective enables me
to plugin a learning video, a module dependency graph, a math formular,
some hypertext links , or simply a graphical representation of an algo.
In other word NOT just text.

BUT I have to realize it, nobody is able to convince a command line
maniac. :)

Bjoern