Mainstream D Programming

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 14 14:43:03 PDT 2007

On 10/14/07, Nathan Reed <nathaniel.reed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Languages differ enough that it actually does make sense to have
> language-specific IDEs rather than totally general-purpose IDEs.  (And
> the time/effort needed to develop a hypothetical emacs d-mode would be
> pretty much equivalent with that needed to develop a D-specific IDE.)

Yeah I know. I do agree. (And like I said, I use Visual Studio at work).

This conversation began when someone said that using a text editor was
"stone age". I kinda felt it was reasonable to point out that many
people still use them, and are likely to for the forseeable future,
because they do have some advantages. Maybe they can't do all that a
language-specific IDE can do, but they do have some advantages. That's
worth noting.