Mainstream D Programming

David Brown dlang at davidb.org
Mon Oct 15 16:50:28 PDT 2007

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 07:37:59PM -0400, Bruce Adams wrote:

>I have the same problem. I trust you are familar with ssh -Y for X11
>forwarding. Makes things a lot less painful when its allowed.

Doesn't work terribly well on a laptop connected via a 3G data connection.
The X connection needs several orders more magnitude to be useful.

That said, I usually prefer synchronizing the projects to the local
machine, using something like 'unison'.

When working with DSL, my ssh/vim editing is indistinguishable from local,
where a forwarded X11 connection is painful.

David