IDEs (Was: Mainstream D Programming)

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Oct 18 15:41:06 PDT 2007

Reply to Christopher,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> Reply to Jan,

>>> <http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/if_ole.html#MSVisualStudio>
>>> :)
>>>
>> any idea what it ends up looking like? Does it pop a new window or
>> does it just take over a tab?
>>
> New window. If you want combined features of VS and Vim, use viemu
> (www.viemu.com), which costs $70 for a permanent copy.

Now that's an IDE model I like.

Editor? why should I wright an editor? here's an plugin API, embed your own
editor.

For that matter; syntax highlighting? same thing. Code completion, refactoring,
code search? Same thing again.

Heck, how about a IDE that's nothing but am open/close menu that looks for
a plugin to generate a tab for whatever you open?