Change representation of dynamic arrays?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 02:15:14 PDT 2007

On 10/20/07, Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> What does this break?
>
> 3) It breaks binary compatibility with libraries already compiled.

It also breaks binary compatibility with object files already
compiled. I don't use dsss do I don't know how that will deal, but
anyone using a makefile or some other build system needs to make sure
that .obj files are dependent, not only on the correstponding .d file,
but also on dmd.exe (or platform equivalent), so that the rebuild
automatically updates the .obj file when dmd changes.

That's not Walter's problem of course - it's just something of which
developers need to be aware. Even if your build script does not have
this dependency built in, a simple one-time "clean" build will fix
all.