64 bit D Kernel

Brian Madden untwisted at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 16:04:07 PDT 2007

Just a heads up to anyone interested, there is work currently being done
on a 64 bit D kernel.  I know a few had expressed interest in seeing the
source when we made some progress, so I'm posting what we have thus far.
  Right now we're in the middle of making sure interrupts work so that
we can move on to in-kernel memory management.  Our checklist / roadmap
can be found here:

http://wiki.pittgeeks.org/index.php?title=PGOS#TODO

and the source tree can be found here (there are branches in
pgos/PaGanOS/branch, but they're all defunct for now):

http://www.pittgeeks.org/pgos/PaGanOS/trunk/src

As of right now our code is sort of all over the place, and fairly
undocumented, but we're mostly groping in the dark right now.  If anyone
has questions or comments, feel free to voice them.

-Brian