64 Bit D Kernel

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 16:23:07 PDT 2007

"doob" <doobnet at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ffkq2f$14au$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Alexander Panek Wrote:
>
>> doob wrote:
>> > I suggest using Tango as the runtime lib or maybe it's possible to have
>> > support for both Tango and Phobos.
>>
>> I doubt this is going to be part of the agenda for quite some time.
>> (Apart from the fact that it has nothing to do with the operating
>> system.)
>
> I has something to do with the os, you already have object.d, system.d and
> a std folder for example.

system.d is just a file with some "system-y" functionality.  It might be
moved into util.d or turned into a "stdlib" kind of thing.

All the other things have nothing to do with a standard library.  object.d,
and the std and gcc folders are all required to get GDC to work properly.
Notice dstubs.d which declares a ton of stubbed-out language runtime
functions for things like AAs, arrays, exception handling, OOP stuff etc.
that the compiler expects to be there, but most of them are just
"assert(false)" bodies right now.