Question about exception specification

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Oct 26 02:25:57 PDT 2007

Graham St Jack wrote:
> I read WalterAndrei.pdf recently, and liked most of what was in there.
>
> However, there was the line: "Exception specifications: bad idea" on a
> slide that discussed a possible nothrow keyword.
>
> Can anyone explain why they are a bad idea? And if they are in fact a
> bad idea, how do I find out what exceptions can be thrown by a function?
> Eyeballing heaps of code doesn't count as a way!

Check this link for a good article about checked exceptions:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/Discussions/CheckedExceptions
If you are coding in Java, it also offers a good way to deal with
checked exceptions. (much better than just catching and ignoring, hoping
to deal with it later)

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student