Phobos/Tango

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:57:05 PDT 2007

Steve Teale Wrote:

> Probably a very old question, but I've been out of touch as a result of moving to Tanzania.
>
> Did anything come out of the conference on getting Phobos/Tango together?

Yes indeed! They're working on (at minimum) runtime compatibility, and the Tango guys are also creating a more free-function API for people who like the Phobos style.

I don't know all the specifics, but from what I gather, it will allow Phobos-based libraries to be linked in Tango-based programs and vice versa. I think, at least at first, high-level compatibility (such as IO compatibility, etc.) is not a priority.

I haven't been involved, so all this is hearsay.