D worth using for large project? (And what IDE?)

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:15:49 PDT 2007

NCODA wrote:
> Hey thanks for the responses
>
> Well that answers my community question.
>
> I just discovered the compiler argument problem just then - I was using dmc.exe as the compiler (auto setup from Code:Blocks)... but it doesnt work. But dmd.exe does work. So I changed Code:Blocks to work with dmd.exe.
>
> Does anyone know how to properly get DMD to work with Code:Blocks? I've managed to get a console app compiled, but no luck with the windows one. I copied the windows sample from this website, but get these errors
>
> OPTLINK : Warning 23: No Stack
> ..objs\test.obj(test)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object8opEqualsMFC6ObjectZi
> ..objs\test.obj(test)
>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object6Object5opCmpMFC6ObjectZi
>
> BTW - Does anyone else compile for windows? and what IDE do they use?

It sounds like you aren't linking to libphobos. You can add the path to
the directory where it resides in the LIB environment variable, and it
should work. Or I think adding -Lpath\to\phobos to the command to
compile will work.

Not exactly sure about this, since I don't use D on Windows, and Linux D
uses a different linker.