bug or change in compiler options?

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Wed Oct 31 18:19:06 PDT 2007

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:18:48 -0400, David Medlock wrote:
>
>> David Medlock wrote:
>>> When I compile(any version before DMD 1.018) I typically add
>>> opengl32.lib to the end of the link command.  This works fine, but in
>>> versions later than 1.018 it cannot find the library to link.
>>>
>>> What changed or what am I missing?
>>>
>>> -David
>>>
>> I hate to be a pest but can anyone point me to why this is happening?
>
> It might help us if we knew ...
>
> The location of the DMD compiler.
> The contents and location of the sci.ini file.
> The location of the opengl32.lib file.
> The command line you used to compile with.
> The %PATH% value.
>
> Also, if you change nothing else but the compiler being invoked, does it
> still work if you use a pre 1.018 compiler?

I have both DMC and DMD installed on Z:.

I fixed this by changing sc.ini to explicitly point to the z:\dm\lib
and z:\dmd\lib locations .

My point is this worked pre 1.018 and is broken in all versions
thereafter.  I was just wondering what was changed, as something like
this should work 'right out of the box'.

I have been using DMD/DMC quite a while and this has always just worked.

-David