structs, classes, interfaces - Part III, Solution

Martin Hinsch m.hinsch at rug.nl
Sat Sep 1 09:08:45 PDT 2007

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:34:31 -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:

> Martin Hinsch wrote:
>>
>> I have no illusions concerning the probability of this making it into D.
>> Still I think it's a nice idea ;-) and I would be really interested in
>> hearing what people think about it.
>
> To sidestep the issue for a moment, do templates solve your problem for
> arrays of structs, or is there some reason you need run-time polymorphism?
>

> Sean

I feel a bit dumb but I have no idea what you mean... The basic problem is
that I want to have a proper OOP type but with all the speed and memory
advantages value semantics offer PLUS the option of painlessly "upgrading"
it later to something even more OOPishy (i.e. rt-polymorphism, reference
semantics).

--
Martin Hinsch

m.hinsch at rug.nl
+31 50 363 8097

CEES Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies
Biologisch Centrum
Kerklaan 30
Postbus 14
9750 AA Haren