Future of DMD 1.xxx

Simen Haugen simen at norstat.no
Tue Sep 4 02:28:17 PDT 2007

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:fbj50b$2dd2$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I've been meaning to ask...
> Am I right in thinking that basically nothing from WalterAndrei.pdf will
> be going into a DMD 1.xxx version?
>
> If so, that's a bummer because some of the upstream libraries aren't on
> D2.0, and the maintainers have stated that they're not going to port to
> 2.0 "until the 2.0 design is pretty conclusively settled", or "until it is
> near to release".
>
> --bb

And others are dropping 1.0 even before 2.0 is stable...

I started using D when I saw the 1.0 mark, but I wished I had waited...
Tango vs. Phobos and the fact that 1.0 was not frozen has caused a lot of
headaches. Now also 1.0 vs. 2.0 is starting to be a problem. Guess it will
take quite some time before things will get stable.