Feature Request for D 2.0: Traced Exceptions ..... _please_

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Wed Sep 5 13:58:14 PDT 2007

Robert Fraser wrote:
> Downs Wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what convoluted reasons there were for leaving those out of
>> D/Phobos in the first place, but _please_, can we _finally_ have them in
>> D 2.0?
>
> http://flectioned.kuehne.cn/

For what it's worth, flectioned works with Tango as well, but linking
flectioned with Tango actually registers flectioned to provide trace
information to the runtime.  Thus, an app with flectioned will
automatically produce trace info for
tango.core.Exception.TracedException and its children where otherwise no
trace info would be present.  I personally feel this is preferable to
bundling the feature as a part of the runtime library--it allows for
more customization, encourages third-party development, etc.

Sean