Linus says C++ is a horrible language

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Thu Sep 6 14:39:27 PDT 2007

Reply to Lars,

> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Bring on the flame war!
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57643/focus=57
>> 918
>>
> He also gives the "object model" quite a bit of flac, so I don't think
> he'd like D either, after all it's an object oriented language (too).

maybe we should try to get him to comment. based on that post, his opinion
of what a good program is seems to jive well enough with the D philosophy*
that he could give some good commentary but he has no reason to look with
rose colored glasses so he might have something worthwhile to say.

* D /does/ have a philosophy and it goes something like this: C++ is a pile,
C doesn't scale, Java/C# are to restrictive, Ruby/Python are to slow and
So get the ___ out of my way so that I can wright a program that is fast
_enough_ to work, clean _enough_ to be maintainable and small _enough_ that
I'll actually get something done!