Linus says C++ is a horrible language

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 20:50:39 PDT 2007

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Bring on the flame war!
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/57643/focus=57918
>
> He also gives the "object model" quite a bit of flac, so I don't think he'd
> like D either, after all it's an object oriented language (too).

Yet, he did say this in a followup post:

""
And if you want a fancier language, C++ is absolutely the worst one to
choose. If you want real high-level, pick one that has true high-level
features like garbage collection or a good system integration, rather
than something that lacks both the sparseness and straightforwardness of
C, *and* doesn't even have the high-level bindings to important concepts.
""