D Conference Tango Phobos

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Sep 12 13:07:49 PDT 2007

Alexander Panek a écrit :
> simax wrote:
>> Seem so that phobos developer and the tango developer are
>> incompatible. IMO this is the biggest argument against D.
>
> I don't think so. Since when is diversification a contra-argument?

When it is a 'core' part, diversification is a real minus: looks for
example at all these stupid string libraries in C++ when there wasn't
any useful one in the standard library and how it did hurt C++ very deeply.

So, the incompatibility of phobos/tango is definitely a minus: my boss
would ask me, so which one will stay 'maintained'?

And I would answer honestly: I don't know, one of them is probably going
to die though because they're occupying the same 'niche'.

So IMHO the sooner one dies or is made compatible with the other, the
better it will be for D users.

renoX