D Conference Tango Phobos

Jascha Wetzel "[firstname]" at mainia.de
Fri Sep 14 08:57:57 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Well, the first issues to address are the few incompatibility points
> between Tango and Phobos within the runtime, the most visible being
> Object.toString in Phobos vs. Obejct.toUtf8 in Tango.  This likely means
> toUtf8 in Tango will have to change to toString, so if anyone absolutely
> hates the idea, you're welcome to say so :-)  However, I suspect there
> is a quiet majority using Phobos, so even valid arguments against the
> way it does things may have to be ignored if the change would break some
> user-visible portion of the Phobos library.  Suggestions here are
> welcome also.

ridiculously, the only reason i can come up with, that kept me from
using tango in programs that don't use networking, is the verbose string
formatting syntax (i don't want to start a discussion about which one is
better. i consider it a matter of taste).
when tango and phobos will co-exist painlessly, i'll probably be using
std.stdio, std.format and everything else from tango :)