Minimal D Cross Compiler

Brian Madden untwisted at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:18:09 PDT 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Brian Madden wrote:
>> Just recompiled a D cross compiler from scratch using gcc 4.1.2 and
>> gdc .24.
>>
>> Compiled fine after a bit of a tweak, but I still got this error again:
>>
>> canora-dubh:~/private/projects/d untwisted$ x86_64-pc-elf-gdc test.d
>> <built-in>:0: internal compiler error: Bus error
>> Please submit a full bug report,
>> with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>> canora-dubh:~/private/projects/d untwisted$
>>
>> Sad, I really wanted to use D, and was hoping it would just work! :(
>
> Backtrace.
>
>  - Gregor Richards

I tried to get a backtrace in gdb using the backtrace command, but
didn't get anything.  I'm not entirely sure how to go about getting any
useful info other than that.  I tried some of the flags that gdc has,
but most of them didn't give me anything useful either.  The best I got
was this:

dhcpw210:~/private/projects/d untwisted$ x86_64-pc-elf-gdc -dH test.d
<built-in>:0: internal compiler error: Bus error
x86_64-pc-elf-gdc: Internal error: Abort trap (program cc1d)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
dhcpw210:~/private/projects/d untwisted$

If you can suggest something better, let me know and I'll be happy to
share my findings.

Thanks for all your help!

-Brian