D Conference Tango Phobos

kris foo at bar.com
Sat Sep 15 16:24:22 PDT 2007

renoX wrote:
> Well you're not alone in not liking Tango: I find quite strange that for
> example they imitated C++ streams which isn't a very successful feature
> of C++: I've worked on quite a few C++ projects and each time people
> used printf instead of C++ streams..

C++ streams? Please explain? Are you talking about call-chaining? If so,
and you don't like it, then use Stdout.formatln() instead?

> That said, Tango's 'wideness' is interesting, Phobos is really too small..

It's odd (and frustrating) how people wind up focusing on one or two
'stylistic' things about Tango, and go ballistic over that, rather than
taking a closer look. Happy to hear that you have personally taken that
latter step.