D grammar as LL(1) grammar ( OT)

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sat Sep 15 16:44:59 PDT 2007

Reply to bls,

> Sorry for beeing a bit off topic, anyway:
>
> Do you see a chance to describe D grammar as LL(1) grammar..
>
> Please notice that I am a more DB developer than a language-designer
> means keep your answere as simple as possible :)
>
> all hints are welcome.
> Thanks Bjoern
> Well, at least one guy did it for *Erlang*, as you can see here:
> http://platform.netbeans.org/articles/nbm_interview_caoyuan.html

I'm working on an automatic conversion to LL for a recursive decent parser
(not look ahead 1 but...) I expect to have a mostly working system in the
near future (a month, maybe less, maybe much less, depends on homework ;)

I'm hoping to auto extract the grammar from the doc files, auto convert to
LL, auto munge to get it working for my system ("now, now, cut up your grammar
into small pieces, young man. Don't gulp it done like a animal" <G>)

I plan on sharing it all eventually.