responding to forum

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sat Sep 15 16:45:06 PDT 2007

Reply to Ender,

> I've been told that there are problems with the web-interface for this
> newsgroup and that I should use a reader, I use thunderbird but I
> don't know exactly how to get it to read digitalmars, or what the
> server information is.  Any advice?

I don't known about the current version, but the last time I used thunderbird
it kept showing bugs in the NG part. My preferred reader is OmeaReader by
JetBrains. It has some nice features like:
-defaults to storing messages locally (t-bird by default only caches until
you shut down)
-responsive even while doing stuff in the background
-pre-loads message bodies (T-bird seemed to wait until I tried to look at
a post)

some issues with it.
-no spell check
-has a tendency to drop leading white space