Tango quibbles - please write tickets so we can track them

kris foo at bar.com
Sun Sep 16 04:17:00 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 9/16/07, kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:
>> First impressions are one thing whilst assertions over how things came
>> to be are quite another.
>
> No problem. Now that I understand that you are not interested in
> hearing my unsolicited opinions on the matter, I shall trouble you
> with them no more.

We're *very* interested in hearing constructive criticism!

>> To write off an extensive library as being constructed by an
>> "amateurish" group (as you noted) simply because it doesn't adhere to
>> some minor stylistic suggestion is, well -- to apply your terminology --
>> rather petty. Is it not? Certainly not helpful in the constructive sense?
>
> I don't consider the D Style Guide by Walter Bright to be a "minor
> stylistic suggestion", I consider it to be part of the D
> specificiation.

Heh :)

You /are/ talking about just *one* specific suggestion in that doc --
right? That module-names should perhaps be lowercase?

> I am truly sorry that use of the word "petty" offended you. If it
> helps ease tensions, then I apologise for using it.

No need to apologise, since there's no offense taken. My post merely
responded to yours. Please don't take offense over that, Janice?

>> Please, write up a ticket for the specific things you don't like?
>> (oh, you may need to be a dsource.org 'member' to write tickets)
>
> Sorry, but I'm not registering with a forum just to complain about
> something I don't care about. That would be silly.

Ach, that's really too bad :(

> The onus is on the author of a creative work to please the audience,
> not the on audience to register with a forum to open a ticket to
> explain to the author why it didn't appeal to them. That's just not
> how the world works.

Perhaps you are a taker and not a giver? That's cool too, but helping
out a tiny bit here and there won't actually kill you ... will it?