Tango quibbles - please write tickets so we can track them

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 12:11:35 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Janice Caron wrote:
>> On 9/16/07, kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't consider the D Style Guide by Walter Bright to be a "minor
>> stylistic suggestion", I consider it to be part of the D
>> specificiation.
>>
>> http://digitalmars.com/d/dstyle.html
>>

> It's just a list of stylistic choices Walter prefers.  Nothing more
> nothing less.
>
> "The D Style ... is purely cosmetic and a matter of choice."
>

> One thing you'll find out about Walter is that while he's great at
> writing compilers, he's actually not a very active D user (the compiler
> is written in C++), and not much of a software engineering guy in
> general.  He's a nuts and bolts kind of guy.  I'm not actually too
> familiar with his style recommendations, but he's not the first guy I'd
> go to for advice about coding style.

On the other hand:

module tango.io.stdout;
public import tango.io.Stdout;

Not too difficult, hrm? And that can also be a method to access more
Phobos-esque interfaces to Tango functionality -- tango.io.stdout could
include a writefln implementation, a wrapper around Cout or Stdout.

If I wrote such, would the Tango project accept it? (Provided it was
well tested and well written.)