Thinking about stack traces in D

kris foo at bar.com
Sun Sep 16 17:49:41 PDT 2007

Myron Alexander wrote:
> kris wrote:
>> All Tango exceptions (apart from OutOfMemoryException) are derived
>> from one which can be hooked by an external backtrace facility. This
>> means that, for example, when you link Tango with the Flectioned
>> library you will get a backtrace for the standard Tango exceptions also
>
> Kris,
>
> You guys have done some excellent work.

That's nice of you to say so ... thanks from all of us:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/Contributors

:)

> Just FYI, I have been experimenting with exception design and came up
> with the idea for exception properties. Details are here
> http://preparingforwinter.blogspot.com/ . I would like to know what you
> think of the idea.

Interesting idea! I wonder if such detail might perhaps belong in a
logging layer instead of an exception layer? It is provocative,
regardless :)

- Kris

(and, I enjoyed your "prep for winter" analogy)