Tango quibbles - please write tickets so we can track them

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 18:48:51 PDT 2007

kris wrote:
> Derek Parnell wrote:
>> Would is be posible to make Stdout work like this ...
>>
>>   Stdout("foo", "{n}", "bar");
>>
>> where {n} is the special formatting token whose functionality is the same
>> as .newline.
>
> Yes, it would. Except it might perhaps be Stdout.format ("blah{n}"...) ?

And considering the arrangement of Tango, that would standardize newline
formatting a fair bit -- you'd have to add it to
tango.text.convert.Layout, so it'd be available everywhere.

Looking at the code, it seems that Stdout supports varargs already.
Alas, recursion is not used, so only a fixed number of arguments is
allowed -- I just tried running it with 26 arguments and got a segfault.
Let me see if I can fix that.