Tango quibbles - please write tickets so we can track them

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:46:00 PDT 2007

On 9/17/07, Alix Pexton <_a_l_i_x_._p_e_x_t_o_n_ at _g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m_> wrote:
> Janice Caron wrote:
> --snip--
> > Realistically, you're just going to pick up the next book.
> --snip--
>
> And what if there is only one book to choose from?

Then you're a sad, sad person. (Either that, or you missed the
analogy). The analogy was about giving up your valuable spare time,
not about choosing a D library. Go back and follow the reasoning.

If you have *no* interests in your life whatsoever, and working on
Tango is the *only* option you have to prevent yourself from going
insane with boredom, then obviously you must do that. But if, like me,
you have lots and lots of spare time interests, and they are all
clawing for your valuable time, then the sane choice is to pick things
you care about greatly in preference to things you're not that
bothered about. /That/ is the analogy I was making. My apologies if
that was not clear.