favorite GUI lib for D

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 11:30:27 PDT 2007

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:fcj1vi$17pt$1 at digitalmars.com...
<snip>
> I've yet to see any GUI app written in D that was more than a toy.
> Has anyone written a serious GUI app in D?

If you're distinguishing between small, experimental programs and
fully-fledged apps worthy of being released to the masses, then yes.
Empire, for instance, although this wasn't written with a GUI library.

If you're distinguishing between games/other 'fun' apps and programs with a
real practical purpose, then yes again.  MDI Edit, one of the example apps
bundled with SDWF, is a simple text editor application.

If you want something that fits both definitions of a serious application,
then Entice Designer may be the best example so far.  But that's still of
interest primarily to D programmers, and especially users of one GUI
library.  So I suppose the next stage is to bring out something that meets
the criteria for "serious" and will have more widespread appeal.

Stewart.