Is this function pure?

Nathan Reed nathaniel.reed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:57:53 PDT 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> The 'fast allocation' claim may be true of generational GCs or other
> fancy GCs, but D currently has a mark&sweep type.

I didn't know that; I assumed D was using at least a copying collector.
  You're right that allocation wouldn't be any faster with a
mark-and-sweep collector than in a language with explicit memory
management.  D /could/ theoretically use a copying collector or
generational collector though; as far as I know there's no barrier
except writing the code for it.

Thanks,
Nathan Reed