Minimal D Cross Compiler

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 15:26:16 PDT 2007

"Brian Madden" <untwisted at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fcu4df$2iap$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Sorry for the slow response, however I did manage to fix my error.  It
> turns out I had nulled out a variable in the d-lang.cc file because it was
> bugging out when I tried to make.  Later, it caused a problem because it
> was doing a string comparison on it.  I changed it from NULL to "w00t" and
> magically everything works, EXCEPT!!!!  I am getting some funky errors
> where D is looking for includes that don't exist.  First D wanted
> object.d, which I found and included via command line arg with the -I
> flag.  Then D wanted outofmemory.d, which I also found and gave it.  Then
> it wanted config.d which I could find nowhere, and gave up for the day.
>
> After that I ended up getting a new hard drive and reinstalling OS X.  I
> will be giving this another go shortly.  Maybe the fresh install will do
> me well.
>
> I'll let you know how it goes, but some good news for a change is that we
> have a 32bit cross compiled kernel building and booting.  If we can beat
> this 64bit monster we'll be in business!!

Yeah, I had to stub out the runtime to get the 32-bit compiler working.
Check out /branch/d32/dstubs.d (I think).  There's also an object.d and the
std/typeinfo directory.  That'll all have to be cleaned up and expanded to
ALL the runtime functions (since I only included just waht was needed to get
it to compile).