Feature request - simpler constructors

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Fri Sep 21 00:20:25 PDT 2007

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:24:09 -0700, kris wrote:

> Wow
>
> All of that extra learning, indirection, and potential for confusion
> just to avoid typing a relatively minuscule number of characters within
> the ctor of a class ...

I admit that this is not something that I'd ever use. I guess I've been
burned enough in my 30+ years of programming to know that many "shortcuts"
are usually deep cuts that hurt you eventually.

I think the first time I came across this concept was the similar one in
COBOL - the MOVE CORRESPONDING construct. Seemed like a good idea at first,
until some changed the underlying structures and suddenly strange things
would happen.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia