What Happend To Tango Graphic's Package

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:09:21 PDT 2007

Vladimir Panteleev Wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 12:11:22 +0300, Lester Martin <Lester at ewam-associates.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok.  I just was wandering because all the GUI libraries I have downloaded seem very tango uncooperative.  I have used DFL and tango with the lowest dmd version that can support both of them and DFL still gives me function dfl.socket.AsyncSocket.close function close does not override anything.  I haven't looke much at any other GUI libs because this was my favorite before tango was released.
>
> Tango's Socket.close got renamed two times - once to "disconnect" and then to "detach". Beats me why. Here's my DFL patch to fix it:

Tango's naming has always been an issue for me. I like the library, but many of their naming decisions (toUtf8 instead of toString, Seq instead of List, renaming close, etc.) have baffled me. I know in my heart they're just trying to get the most accurate names, but sometimes I just wish they'd use names similar to what other standard libraries use.