Split D class file

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 15:18:34 PDT 2007

"Robert Fraser" <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fd6odt$14qt$1 at digitalmars.com...
> redsea Wrote:
>
>> code coverage report can not support mixin template :(
>
> I'll need to see how the code coverage ABI works, but it might be more
> than possible that code coverage for those lines are tracked but there's
> no way to display it. If that's the case, some IDE might someday be able
> to expand the templates inline and ho coverage, or alternatively aggregate
> this data and show coverage for an entire template (and maybe use pretty
> colored lines to do so if you ask nice). "someday" being the keyword.

It keeps what amounts to a large static array of ints (longs?), and inserts
an "inc [address of counter that corresponds to this line]" instruction
after each line of functional code.  To that end, it'd have to keep track of
every instantiation of a template, be it mixed in or whatever, and count all
those instantiations' lines separately.  It'd probably also have to indicate
which instantiation of the template each line count was for.