Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 07:15:36 PDT 2007

"Bruno Medeiros" wrote
>I wanted to probe the D community of the following issue:
>
> Right now, what would the most important thing for the success and
> adoption of D? In other words, if one had to use D to develop a medium or
> large scale software, what would be the most important things to have,
> that we currently don't have (or aren't good enough)?
> (I'm not talking only about language features, in case you didn't get
> that)

Dynamic library support.  Without it, D executables are going to be
unreasonably large.  Imagine a large project like gnome or KDE implemented
in only statically linked format.

Everything in the language is acceptable as-is.  I have little nitpicks, but
then again, I had nitpicks with C, C++, C#, Java, etc.

It's just that I didn't have the ability to discuss/affect the design of
those languages :)

-Steve