GUI strategy?

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 28 08:17:50 PDT 2007

Again and again it is said in this newsgroup: "D needs a GUI"
But there are existing alternatives:
DFL/GTKD/MinWin/DWT/wxD/....
(and more http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GuiLibraries)
So I think some ppl are happy with one of those existing solutions.

So what is missing for those, who say D needs a GUI?

In the world outside of D, there are those big ones:
- .NET/Mono
- Eclipse RCP, Netbeans
- QT
- ...?

They all are not only a GUI, say a collection of basic controls. They
are complete frameworks. They offer complete Dialogs, separation of data
and presentation (MFC/data binding), persistance, update mechnisms,
docking systems, extension mechanisms, tools, IDE support, commercial
support, ...

Is it something like this, ppl mean if they say 'D needs a GUI'?
I can only speak for myself, and yes, that is what I think. I wish i
could use a framework, which has an answer for many of the common tasks
while building a GUI application.

What do you think, does this problem "D needs a GUI" really exist?
Seriously, how can this be solved in the next 1..2 years?
... and who will do it?