GUI strategy?

Max Samukha samukha at voliacable.com.removethis
Fri Sep 28 10:39:54 PDT 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:51:29 +0100, Regan Heath <regan at netmail.co.nz>
wrote:

>Gregor Richards wrote:
>> People complain that D needs a GUI because people are stupid and
>> incompetent, and don't understand the concept of third-party libraries.
>
>Harsh.. I prefer to think they are simply un-enlightened as to the
>presence of dsource.  I think having a standard D gui library alongside
>the standard D library would be beneficial, even if it just does the
>basics.  As long as it is enough to get people coding in D.
>
>Regan

Just like you I prefer to think that I'm not (hopelessly) stupid or
incompetent but that I want a kind of useable 'official' gui library
written in D, not a wrapper around C wrapper around C++ wrapper around
native API. At least a basic set of widgets. I'm trying to use DFL but
it seems to be developed and maintained by one person, is Windows-only
and very alpha. And the dead DWT, harmonia and others are not a
choice.

PS. Gregor, you are one of the smartest people I've ever met, no
doubt.