GUI strategy?

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 28 11:34:06 PDT 2007

Frank Benoit schrieb:
> BLS schrieb:
>> Yes, that is what I think too.
>> written from the scratch, based upon Tango.
>>
>> Bjoern
>
> But what about "how?", "who?", "when?" ?
Indeed, seems to be a huge project. And for sure not doable for a single
human beeing.

Let's make some realistic guesses

GUI for all major platforms 60-80.000 LOC, 3 - 6 developers
DAO 20-30.000 LOC, 2 - 4 developers
Framework architecture (depends) 20.000 LOC, 2 -4 developers
All in all about 130.000 LOC
Timeframe 1 year, including QA, and documentation.

How :
1)Technical requirements
a) SVN, better Mercurial
b) IMO the most important thing, a platform independent IDE that
supports realtime developper collaboration.
2) Planning
a) Architecture GUI, DAO, Framework (allmost about pattern)

Who :
I am convinced that this project requires money (Maybe a foundation) to
hire some full-time D developers. Another idea is to make the GUI SDK
open source shareware... probabely paid before you have it ... just
needs some clever ideas.

When :
Done : Money/ business plan
Done : Planning

Well, this is draft. Written in 5 minutes.
Bjoern