Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Sep 28 16:31:42 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?
>
> In a word: INFORMATION.
>
> By that I mean, information directly accessible from the Digital Mars
> D website. Information such as: what debuggers are available, what GUI
> libs are available, etc..

What do you mean? The DMD front page has a menu section entitled "Tools"
which lists some of the tools available, Like "Editors" and "More Tools".
Hum, but I guess that section could be updated. A direct link to the
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GuiLibraries entry could be added
, as well as link to
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DebugEnvironments , and remove
the "Windows Debugger" entry.
Also, rename the "Editors" link to "Editors and IDEs"
Another possible change, is to replate the "C .h to D .d" link with the
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?PortingOverview entry.

I guess we could further discuss some updates to this menu section, if
Walter is interested in changing it. (?)

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student