GUI strategy?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 18:40:42 PDT 2007

downs wrote:
> BLS wrote:
>> Indeed, seems to be a huge project. And for sure not doable for a single
>> human beeing.
>>
>> Let's make some realistic guesses
>>
>> GUI for all major platforms 60-80.000 LOC, 3 - 6 developers
> Just for the book, yawr's GUI is ~1500 LOC, 1 dev. :)
> Now admittedly, that's only the widgets I needed for YAWR, so it's
> rather limited, but still, 60k sounds a little much.
>  --downs

Ah, but you're forgetting: he asked for a "framework" not a GUI toolkit.
 "Framework" implies all sorts of useless junk no one outside of three
"enterprise" developers is *ever* going to know about, much less use.

That GUI has to be able to make coffee and referee football matches by
the time it's done.

Plus, they haven't even gotten around to using the word "paradigm" yet;
that's at least another 15k lines of code! :P

	-- Daniel

P.S.  MinWin 4 evar!