Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Fri Sep 28 21:26:54 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 9/28/07, Don Clugston <dac at nospam.com.au> wrote:
>> Walter cannot continue to be responsible for the entire
>> standard library as well as the compiler.
>
> Why not?

Because he's overworked.
Look through the change log for changes to Phobos. It's hardly changed in the
past two years. Walter's got enough work to do with language and compiler
development.

I was one of the contributors to Phobos, but I found that typically it took a
couple of compiler releases before typos got sorted out. It was horribly
inefficient.

> He's done a damn good job so far.

I joined the Tango team simply because there was a repository I could access.
Not because I was irritated with Walter.