Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Sep 29 18:52:28 PDT 2007

Jascha Wetzel wrote:
> Sean Kelly wrote:
>> 1. A solid debugging environment
>
> can you elaborate on what ddbg should improve on it's share of the
> debugging environment?

I was speaking in general terms.  I feel that the design of the language
is pretty solid, so it's largely down to tool and library support to
increase acceptance.

I tried ddbg for the first time yesterday and all in all it's pretty
nice.  However, it would be helpful if the pretty printing facilities
were improved.  From the console, I had trouble figuring out how to
print any variables by name, and inside Code::Blocks I couldn't figure
out a way to pretty print info about class instances (structs and basic
types weren't a problem though).

Sean