Condition variables?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 22:31:19 PDT 2007

On 9/30/07, David Brown <dlang at davidb.org> wrote:
> Hopefully I'm missing something obvious here, but D and phobos seem to
> be missing any kind of condition variables.

I'm not sure what this has to do with D. It's a platform thing, not a
language thing. Linux has condition variables; Windows doesn't.
Windows has Events, Linux doesn't. What you're talking about is the
pthreads (posix threads) library. That's written in C, so you should
be able to call all the functions in it no problem - but don't expect
your program to run on Windows.

Exactly the same problem exists in C or C++, which is why I said it's
not a language thing.