Right now, what's the most important for the success and adoption of D?

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 17:39:31 PDT 2007

Jarrett Billingsley Wrote:

> "Bruce Adams" <tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:fdmmfq$28di$1 at digitalmars.com...
>
> > I don't get what the problem is. C++ must have had to solve the same
> > problem long ago. Surely its just a matter of requiring libraries to
> > exposes a particular interface for the runtime to hook into?
> > It seems like something too obvious to have been omitted from the D
> > language specification.
>
> C++ has neither a GC (well, I guess it might get one in 0x but..) nor
> TypeInfo the way D has it.  Neither problem exists in C++, so it never was a
> problem there to begin with.

I was using c++ as an example. How about java? Java has GC and good reflection and jar class files can be loaded dynamically. How does it solve this problem? I'm guessing by requiring dynamically loadable classes/libraries to support a particular interface. So what I'm saying is.
What is the definition in D of:

interface dynamicallyLoadable
{
};

For D to support shared libraries properly this should be well thought out and ideally published as part of the language specification (probably the ABI).

Bruce.