Adding finally to switch

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:30:09 PDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:52:17 -0700, Scott S. McCoy wrote:

> My thought on switch has always been:  If you're using it as multiple if
> statements, you're misusing it.

I would agree, except I don't. :) I thought one of the goals in
programming was to choose tools that would reduce the number of repeats
in code. That is to say if I have several things X could be and want to
do something different for all of them, would it be logical to only have
to write X once instead of if(X == B) else if (X == C) ...?

Anyway maybe BCS has a good choice for it.